Based in the Netherlands
PC/Android: 25 Oct 2013, Linux: 18 Apr 2014, Mac: 15 Sep 2015, iOS: 6 Nov 2015, Steam: 21 Nov 2017
|USD||$2.99 on Steam|
|USD||$3.00 on itch.io|
|USD||$2.99 on mobile|
Guppy is a 2D watercolor fish simulation. Hide in the shade of lilies and venture carefully into the open in search of food. Try not to get eaten.
Originally created as a simple movement prototype in May 2009, it was eventually expanded to a full game and released for PC and Android in 2013, ported to Linux shortly after and later released on Mac and iOS with some minor additions in 2015. Since November 2017 the game is also available on Steam.
- swim like a fish!
- procedural levels
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Now Play This, festival selection" London, 1 April, 2016
- "Awkward Arcade, showcase" Manchester, 2 June, 2016
- "It can be tricky to get the hang of manoeuvring around the lily pads, but with a little practice it soon feels strangely satisfying."
- Keith Stuart and Jordan Erica Webber, The Guardian
- "Guppy is also a must-play. A very nice use of watercolour and a creative control scheme"
- @arcadereview, Arcade Review
- "a swell place to chill out and go for a virtual swim"
- Chris Priestman, Pocket Gamer
- "an adorable and weird little game (...) I really like this just for its control system."
- Nerdcubed, YouTube
- "This isn't a game, it's an interactive work of art! "
- Joe Tavitas, user review, Google Play
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Find out how the game was developed in this devlog: forums.tigsource.com.
Guppy - Designing Unconventional Input for Natural Movement
In-depth article explaining the creation of Guppy's unique control system: gamasutra.com.
Guppy - Procgen as Antidote to Development Boredom
Short essay on how procedural generation can add variety to development: procjam.com.
Guppy on Indie DB: indiedb.com.
Ninjadodogames is a one-man dev team making games and animation.
More information on ninjadodogames, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Design, Art and Code
Jeroen "Kejero" Rogier